Training GWO – Fire
Global Wind Organization (GWO) Basic Safety Training (BST) is designed to provide basic skills that enable them to work safely in the wind power industry and to comply with the required minimum training requirements for the wind power industry.
The participant must be in good physically and medically condition to participate in GWO training. There are no formal eligibility requirements for the course
The course is recommended for:
- Wind turbine owners and / or operators
- Wind turbine manufacturer
- Installation and maintenance
- Persons who want to enter the wind power sector
Gain basic understanding and awareness of emergencies through:
- Theoretical and practical training to prevent fires
- Make initial and appropriate assessments when evaluating a fire
- Effectively extinguish an initial fire with handheld equipment
Upon completion of the course, participants must have acquired competence and basic knowledge about:
- The development and spread of the fire
- Causes of fires in wind turbines and hazards associated with this
- Identify signs of fire in a wind turbine
- Emergency plans in a wind turbine environment, including smoke detector and escape procedures.
- Proper arrangements, operation and fire extinguishing using correct equipment inside a turbine generator.
Course duration: 4h