Training GWO – Manual handling
Global Wind Organization (GWO) Basic Safety Training (BST) is designed to provide basic skills that enable them to work safely in the wind power industry and to comply with the required minimum training requirements for the wind power industry.
The participant must be in good physically and medically condition to participate in GWO training. There are no formal eligibility requirements for the course
The course is recommended for:
- Wind turbine owners and / or operators
- Wind turbine manufacturer
- Installation and maintenance
- Persons who want to enter the wind power sector
The aim is to give the participants awareness through theoretical and practical training to encourage positive ergonomic work behaviour.
Perform an ergonomic work behaviour safely in the wind turbine industry according to the Global Wind Organization (GWO) Basic Safety Training (BST) Manual Handeling. Standard.
Upon completion of the course, participants must have acquired competence and basic knowledge about:
- The importance of performing the correct ergonomic tasks safely and correctly
- Identify aspects of their duties that could increase the employee's risk of developing muscle / skeletal injury
- Show understanding of safe routines for ergonomics in working life, including proper handling of equipment
- Identify signs and symptoms of injuries associated with poor ergonomic techniques and have knowledge of reporting methods
- Show a problem solving strategy for ergonomics in a wind power environment
- Demonstrate ergonomics to reduce risks
Course duration: 4 h