Training GWO – Work at high altitude
Global Wind Organization (GWO) Basic Safety Training (BST) is designed to provide basic skills that enable them to work safely in the wind power industry and to comply with the required minimum training requirements for the wind power industry.
The delegate must be physically and medically fit to participate in GWO Training. There are no formal eligibility requirements for the course
The course is recommended for:
- Wind turbine owners and / or operators
- Wind turbine manufacturer
- Installation and maintenance
- Persons who want to enter the wind power sector
Participants must have "certificate of service" in accordance with AFS 2005: 6 as well as AFS 2014: 23. Contact us, we can get you in contact with a doctor. Or check your occupational health care for booking. Certificate of service shall be presented by all participants at the start of the course.
The purpose of this course is to provide the participants with the necessary basic knowledge and skills through theoretical and practical training to use basic PFPE and perform safe work at high altitude, and perform a safe basic rescue operation of a distressed worker in a distant wind farm environment in accordance with Global Wind Organization (GWO) Basic Safety Training (BST) work at high altitude standards.
Upon completion of the course, participants must have acquired competence and basic knowledge about:
- The hazards and risks associated with high altitude work, specific to wind turbine generators (WTG).
- Have an understanding of current national legislation on high-altitude work.
- PPE identification, including identification of European / Global standard markings eg. Harness, helmet, support lines, etc.
- PPE inspection, service, storage of relevant PFPE, eg. Harness, vertical slide lock and work positioning equipment.
- Use of relevant PFPE, eg. Harness, vertical fall protection system and work positioning equipment.
- Proper identification of anchor points and correct climbing in ladders.
- Safe emergency evacuation and use of evacuation devices.
- Rescue situations in wind turbines and use rescue equipment efficiently.
Course duration: 16h